Thursday, March 3, 2011

A 10 minute project

If you asked me to describe my week, I could do it in three words:  busy, busy, busy.  But since I am determined to post here on a regular basis, this morning requires a short break to show you my latest project.

First I have to tell you how I discovered this project.  I volunteered to teach a class on Recycled Art at my church next month.  Since I finished my most current YW activity last night (a Minute to Win It activity that was too fun), I decided I better get online this morning to get ideas for a project that can be made  in 30 minutes or less (which is how long my class will last).  I must admit that I love to google, and could spend all day looking at the amazing things people make.  But since my schedule is still packed with things I have to get done before my upcoming vacation, I had to force myself to get an early start and limit my browsing.

Lucky for me I found a great project pretty quick.  It is a ten minute Recycled T-Shirt Bag that I found on the do stuff! blog.  This project caught my eye for a couple of reasons.  It claimed to only take 10 minutes to make, required no sewing and only needed three 3 things to make:  a t-shirt, a pair of scissors and a safety pin.  How could I not try that?

So I grabbed a t-shirt from our donation pile and took it from this:  
to this: 
in about 10 minutes!

Isn't it cute?  I think this would make a perfect beach or pool bag.  I'm not sure it qualifies as Recycled Art, but I still love this project! 

2 comments:

rayjay said...

TOO CUTE! I love that, I definitely have shirts that I could do that too.

makana hansen said...

well I am super excited for the class next month now! I was before, but now... oh goodie!

ps-I am totally with you on the google search thing