Saturday, July 10, 2010

What is Art?

Before I get back to blogging about my creative activities, I want to share some thoughts about art.  While catching up on some of my favorite blogs, I came across this photo of a piece of framed graffiti art:
I dream of going to Italy, and I love Rome Photo Blog for giving me unique glimpses of Rome.   It is written by Jessica Stewart and is full of fascinating pictures and well written post that inspire you to stop and think about your surroundings.  In this post Jessica poses some questions about what we think of as art.  It really got me thinking about what is art and where you can find it.  Here is just a bit of what I think is art: 


Art can be created by living a simple life.   Here's proof from Funky Junk Interiors:



Who knew fresh smelling clothes and a lower electricity bill could be so beautiful?



Food can be art.  And I'm not just talking about the work of artists such as Joost Elffers and Saxton Freymann ...


I'm talking about edible creations like this made by artists such as the Cookie Artisan
It's almost too cute to eat!




A little bit of art can brighten your day.  A great example of this are lunch bags created by a dad for his kids:

Art can be found in a sunset (Rachel Lyndsey)

  
on a rainy day...(Chaz Amira)


in nature...(National Geographic)



or in the face of a child...


So look around, art is everywhere.  You just have to decide how it will inspire you.


No comments: