Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kind of a Random Sunday Blog

When I started my Random Sunday Blog, I thought it would be a fun way to write a short post each Sunday while highlighting fun sites I discovered by clicking on the Next Blog button on the blogspot toolbar.  But what I quickly discovered was that when I clicked on this link at the top of my blog, I ended up being sent to the same type of blogs each time.  I saw blogs about knitting, scrapbooking, quilting, photography--all of which I enjoy.  But I quickly discovered a couple of problems with just picking the first one that interested me.  First, I never wanted to use a blog that was very active--so a lot of the really fun ones were eliminated because they are written by real people with real lives which caused there to be months between posts.  The second problem I faced was my inner voice telling me that there was a more interesting site just a click or two away.  So my fun quick Sunday post ended up taking a lot longer than expected.

Even though it didn't go as first planned, I still really like the thought of highlighting a fun blog I've come across.  So now I'm working on a new plan for selecting which blog I'll highlight.  This week I've decided to showcase a website that I am actively visiting this month.  It is the website for National Novel Writing Month.



My daughter showed me this website and asked me to sign up with her for this challenge. And since I don't have enough to keep me busy, I agreed and am currently in the process of writing my first novel.  Now before you declare me totally crazy, understand that this program is about quantity of writing, not quality.  The goal is to write 50,000 words that aren't a best seller, but simply don't make anyone vomit.  How's that for a goal?

So if you are feeling brave, sign up and join us. We can even become writing buddies so we can track our progress and give each other encouragement. You'll have to write a few more words a day since you'd be starting a week late. But since you know how I well I stay on top of my blogging, I suspect we won't be too far behind each other.   :) 



Do it!  Do it now!

No comments: