Monday, January 17, 2011

2010 Student Art Show

Finishing up the semester while trying to get ready for the holidays was not conducive to keeping up on my blog.  So before I move forward writing about my new ideas and creations, I want to recap what happened the last few weeks of my class.

The biggest news is that I entered my first art show in November.  I submitted two pieces:
"Gotcha"

and "Dragonfly"


 I was so excited when both of my pieces were selected for the competition.  And then, Dragonfly was awarded 2nd place in the 3-D art category!  Not too shabby for my first juried show!

There were some amazing pieces in the show.  Here are some of my favorites:





And if you're interested, you can see all of the award winners HERE.

1 comment:

Michelle S said...

Congratulations! Now you're really famous. I thought your dragonfly was great too. Good job!