Monday, September 27, 2010

Art at the science museum

Last week I went with my youngest to the Houston Museum of Natural Science and visited the Hall of the Americas.  We went so my baby could earn extra credit for her AP History class.   And not only did we learn a bit about history, we got to see some wonderful art. 

Here are some of my favorites:

This a panel made of feathers.  It looked like a painting, and this picture does not convey how cool it really was.

We saw great pottery. 
I love the dragon flies on this piece:



and the shape and frogs on this bowl:

And the face on this one:  

We also saw some great sculptures.

I love this bronze--although the lighting in the room prevented a very good picture.




And this Aztec one -- it was just so creepy:

 I absolutely love it when my kids' schoolwork requires museum days!  It was a great afternoon. 



No comments: