Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Random Blog

I like to read blogs.  And although I do enjoy reading blogs that are written by my friends, one of my favorite pastimes is reading random blogs that I find on blogger.com.   After posting something on my blog I often click the NEXT BLOG button on the top of the screen and I am taken to another art/craft blog.  They are fun, interesting and sometimes amazing. 

So I've decided to make a visit to these random blogs part of my regular posts.  Each Sunday I'll click on the NEXT BLOG button until I find a blog that peaks my interest enough to read the profile of the blogger and several of their older posts.  Then I'll share their site here with you.  Hopefully you'll find this as interesting a I do.

Today's Sunday Random Blog is Dyed and Gone to Heaven Inspirations by Lisa Walton.

Lisa is a textile artist, dyer and teacher in Sydney Australia that creates beautiful work like this:
And this:

She also gives workshops around the world.  I really want grab my sister-in-law Michelle, fly to Italy and attend her Textured Treasures Italy Inspired workshop.    If only!  But I guess I'll just have to settle for trying to find her at the International Quilt Festival here in Houston in October. Lisa was awarded the Jewel Pearce Patterson International Quilt Teacher Scholarship, Houston, USA for 2010. This means that she will attending all of the events at the Quilt Market and Show this year, and will have a exhibition of her work displayed at the quilt show next year.

See how cool random can be!

No comments: