Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9 -11

Nine years ago our country was attacked by terrorists and nearly 3,000 Americans were killed. 

I remember being overwhelmed by this tragedy and thinking that life would never be the same.  But as time goes on and memories fade, things do get back to normal.  We often forget the strong emotions we felt during tragedies.  And we set aside our renewed commitments to be more grateful for every moment we have here on earth and to live better and stronger lives. 

But I hope as we remember this awful event in our history, that we will strive to recommit to these things.  I hope we never forget those that were lost and the bravery that was shown that day. 

I hope we never forget what it felt like to live through this tragedy.

I hope we never forget who we turned to for comfort. 

 And I hope we never experience another tragedy like this again on our soil.

God bless America!

No comments: