Friday, September 10, 2010

Two amazing artists!

Two days ago I wrote about my experience watching "I am a Mormon" videos at mormon.org. What I didn't mention was that in those videos I discovered two amazing artists.  I loved them so much, I just have to share them with you.

The first artist is a man named Jeff Decker.

Jeff is a motorcycle enthusiast and an amazing sculptor.  I love works done in bronze, and have never seen any like these:  
Boardtrack Racers


Petrali Racer


Hill Climber
The detail is incredible.  I love Jeff's personality, his love of what he does, and especially his unique art.  You can learn more about him at his website:  jeffdeckerstudio.com


The second artist I discovered is Cassandra Barney

Cassandra is a mother and an amazing artist.  She paints wonderful pieces about strong, beautiful women.   

Together They Could Do So Much

Be Where Your Feet Are

And Then They Danced

Atonement

I love her work!  And I love that she brings her three daughters into her studio so that she can balance her passion for creating art with her role as a mother.  I think that comes at least in part from her own family background--her father, James C. Christensen, and her sister, Emily C. McPhie are also both artists.

You can learn more about Cassandra and her work at her website: cassandrabarney.com.    

No comments: