Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Breakfast of Champions

Here's what was served at my house for Valentine's Day breakfast.

Yum!

Here's the recipe in case you want to make some.

Crepes
Ingredients:
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup all- purpose flour
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until combined.  Heat a lightly greased 6 - in skillet; remove from hear.  Spoon in 2 tablespoons batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.  Return to heat; brown on 1 side only. (Or cook in crepe maker following manufacturer's directions.)  Invert over paper towels; remove crepe.  Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet occasionally.

My adaptations: 

I mixed my batter in a blender-pulsing until combined.

I used a 10 in cast iron skillet, which I placed a little butter before adding batter.  I also increased batter to about 4 tablespoons.

You can tell when the crepe is done because the sides start to pull away from the pan.  I use a wooden spatula to pull up crepe and check for a lightly browned crepe.

Serve with your favorite fruit or jam.  This morning we used Nutella and bananas.  Strawberries and whip cream are also yummy.

No comments: